This two-sided, 60 ft (20m) tall sign is a landmark of Kenmore Square and the Fenway Park area. It was originally built in 1940 and renovated in 1965. In 1979, the Governor ordered it turned off to save energy in the city. A few years later, the petroleum company moved to remove the sign and the neighbors complained; they loved the sign. So, the sign got a facelift and has ben in service ever since. In 2005, it was upgraded to more energy efficient LED bulbs. This image was made walking between Fenway Park and Kenmore Square.